- ID Magazine ServedProject Featured On:ID Magazine Served — 4/25/12
- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 9/14/12
- Current mobile devices are chunks of metal and plastic that end up in a landfill.
- Users have no emotional bond with their phones.
Thus, the average lifespan is 18 months.
- How can we lengthen and enhance the relationship between user and device?
- Over 3 months, I bounced between scenarios, industrial design, visual design, and interaction design to create a cohesive experience.
- People hold and touch their mobile devices all day, so I made sure to prototype the designs physically to get both the UI and ID into human hands. I also experimented with different materials to prototype new interactions.
- 1. Create a trusting bond to forge a meaningful relationship.
- 2. Enforce emotional connections by humanizing the interactions.
- 3. Enable a long device lifespan through ecosystem.