- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 6/13/11
- ID Magazine ServedProject Featured On:ID Magazine Served — 2/1/12
Innergie Business & Product Design
- Innergie SeriesBusiness consulting, brand & design strategy, industrial design
- [2008-present]Innergie was a new business venture created in 2008 to tap into the growing demand for energy and power solutions, especially in the light of increased adoption and mobility of digital gadgets. We worked more as long-term partners (as opposed to piecemeal projects), starting from prospecting potential business ventures, establishing the brand and identity, developing design strategy and executing it in the market.
- Our challenge was to leverage their core competency in power technology into something consumer wants. As an accessory to the 'main' products (e.g. laptop, mobile phones, tablets), the design language needs to be neutral, and yet still signal a clear sense of quality, in the midst of a sea of OEM products.The design strategy has been highly successful: turning the de-facto 'ugly black power brick' into a series of slim and gracious products. The design language helped to give Innergie a strong brand position, establishing beachheads in key global markets while garnering a host if iF, reddot, CES and Universal design awards.
- The involvement in this project is directly with the CEO and top leadership. We continue to have quarterly consultations and discussions on the trends, business strategy, design strategy and product planning, in addition to product design roll-outs.